I learned about eProfits.com through a friend. She had recently lost her job and was looking for online opportunities. When I heard she'd already signed up for this site I though "OH NO! She's been scammed!" - that's my gut reaction for any new site out there that claims to help people make money online.
She had been a member for a few days though, and was extremely happy with what she'd got from the site so far, but wanted me to take a look to see if the content was for real. So, with the worst of expectations I logged into her account, and just WOW!
There are plenty of eBook scams out there - $50 for a pamphlet of some basic marketing techniques. There's also a bunch of 'guru' scams, where you can pay upwards of $1000 to have an 'expert' patronise you on the phone for 2 hours a day. I've heard tell of the mythical 'complete-all-round-system', but had not seen it until this point. What made me change my views? I'll throw out a couple of the basics here:
- Articles. So many articles
- Real web-hosting, not just a turnkey 'shop'
- Experts on hand, live. I asked them a few questions to test and got responses in minutes with great answers (I even learned a thing or two!
- Community. For my friend this was a big part. Other people like her trying to get a start. They can share ideas, successes (failures), and it's been a great help
- Tools - all the tools you would expect to help you and more - free software, keyword tools etc